Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bella Café - Stafford, VA


If you are ever down in the Stafford VA area, you might want to give this little funky dive a visit. It is a small quaint café that offers a fresh, if limited menu, and a venu for local artists. I stopped by when killing time this morning. I had passed it on many occasions, but had never had the opportunity to pay it my patronage. Today, I just had the freedom, and the inclination.


 I must say I was pleased with the experience, and it made me wish I lived a bit closer.  The soup of the day was a cream of portabella and brie. The thought of this combination was such I was too weak to resist. I decided to go with the bowl of soup and sandwich combo. In addition to the soup I ordered a gyro.

The soup was a menagerie of luscious and complex flavors. I was really surprised to find such a jewel at this little out of the way place. Anyone who knows me, knows I cannot turn down cheese. It may very well be my favorite food. The gyro was a tasty accompaniment; fresh and well seasoned, but the soup was the pièce de résistance. The only downside is that it is not the standard everyday  soup. You may need to call in advance to see what soup they are preparing that day. If you do happen to get a chance to try this delicious elixir, I highly recommend you take the opportunity to do so.

Contact Information:
3871 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, VA 22554
Phone: 703-445-8855
Website: http://www.mybellacafe.com/

Bella Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment