Friday, July 15, 2011

Miller's Pub - Chicago, IL


As you know, this is a blog that celebrates the local restaurant. A beacon of purity in a world corrupted by the chain restaurant. OK, maybe that is a bit dramatic. Suffice it to say, we like you local guys. I mainly focus on the local of the metro DC area, but on this occasion I stray to a local in another time zone.

Miller’s Pub in Chicago has been catering to the locals since 1935. The reason they have been doing this for so long is that they are REALLY REALLY good at it. Miller’s is the kind of place you go when you want comfort food. It is not vegetarian friendly, but for carnivores, it is like religious sanctuary.

While in Chicago for 4 days, I ate 3 dinners and a lunch at Miller’s. What blew my mind was that I did not have one bad meal, not even one bad component to the meal. Chicken Schnitzel, check for YUM, same for the Prime Rib, their famous Canadian ribs, and Greek Style Lamb Chops.
Every side was perfect; every server eager to make this meal at Miller’s the one that brings you back. The salads were fresh; the bleu cheese dressing is a must. I cannot stress how great this place is. 

I will say that the prime rib was the best I have ever had ANYWHERE. They even make their own sauces (i.e. barbecue sauce).
If you are lucky to get a trip to the Chicago area, make this the first place you pick up your fork.

Contact Information:
Miller's Pub
134 S. Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: 312-263-4988
Fax: 312-263-0468
Website: http://www.millerspub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment