Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My attempt to create bliss

I decided for my husband's birthday I would creat a new dish, and it would be fabulous. I am not one to follow recipes. At most I would say I am inspired at times by them, but never follow.

I knew it was going to be something with chicken breast, but I was bored with my usual meals of that variety. Then I thought, a ha!, some kind of chicken pasta alfredo. I wandered through the grocery store looking for the right ingredients for what I was "tasting" in my mind. I will share this with you, but know that measurements will be variable. For the sauce I approximated till it tasted right. See at the very bottom for an image of this masterpiece.:-)

Chicken breast (I made like 8. I tend to much food)
1 16 oz package of linguine
1 6 oz container shredded parm (I prefer Parm Regiano, but any parm works)
a handful of shredded mozzarella and provologne mixed
cornstarch blended with water before adding
Pancetta, cut up and fried till crisp
2 shallots
4 cloves garlic minced
1 qt heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper
2 cups butter

Sauce
I started off heating the cream and butter in a sauce pan on low heat. Sizzle pancetta and then add chopped shallots and minced fresh garlic.Once whipping cream and butter are blended, add the pancetta, onions, and garlic and stir. Heat more and then add the parm and cheese blend then the cornstarch mixed with water. Keep stirring till thickened.  mmmmmmm

Chicken

Because the chicken is to be served covered in the sauce, I keep it very simple and just bake at 350 till they reach a temp of 165. Make linguine

Combine on plate and enjoy. This dish is to be tinkered with. Measurements, ingredients can all be changed per your preference. I thought mine was pretty awesome though. See below

No comments:

Post a Comment